Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Deploying BIRT in Weblogic 8.1
jyol2005
I have searched the forums for this issue and didn't find any with the same description. So, here it goes.
I'm trying to deploy my application in WebLogic 8.1 and I have copied the jars from ReportEngine/lib to WEB-INF/lib and platform (configuration+plugins) directory to WEB-INF. My source for initializing the ReportEngine is as follows:
config.setBIRTHome(servletContext.getRealPath( "/WEB-INF" ));
IPlatformContext context = new PlatformFileContext();
config.setPlatformContext(context);
Platform.startup(config);
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform.createFactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);
birtEngine = factory.createReportEngine(config);
The above code is in a separate class (BirtEngine - which is found on this site for one of the examples) and from my servlet's init() method, I invoke BirtEngine.initBirtConfig(). When this point is reached I get the following exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/birt/core/framework/IPlatformContext
at com.bear.webcms.servlet.DataServlet.init(DataServlet.java:49)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1099)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:975)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:954)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:893)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:598)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:406)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:348)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:7047)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3902)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2773)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:224)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:183)
Am I missing something in terms of deploying it under WebLogic 8.1?
Please help.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet