Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
CrossTab - Help
Shomy
Hi,
I need to generate report as below. Could anyone tells me whether it is possible using BIRT or not.
|
| Equipement Tytpe
Status |
| UM | NM | KL
|
Empty | Available | 30 | |
| Flagged | | |
| Blocked | | 23 |
| Damaged | 32 | |
|EmptyTotal | 62 | 23 |
Pickup | 0 Days | 10 | 23 |
| 1 Days | 11 | 02 |
| 2 Days | 12 | 03 |
|Booked Total| 33 | 28 |
|Balance | 29 | -5 |
|Deficit Date | | |
Full | Import | 23 | 10 | 30
| Export | 23 | 12 | 03
|Full Total | 66 | 22 | 33
For the above report, I can say that the column headers (Equipement Tytpe) are coming from database and are dynamic. Also I want an upper level header for column like "Equipement Tytpe".
The row level headers also taken from database dynamically. Also We can see some total rows (these are static ones), for which the calculation is entirely different. For "Empty" row with 4 subsections (Available,Flagged,Blocked,Damaged), EmptyTotal is the total. I can say that "Empty" and 4 subsectrions are from database. But the total part I need to manipulate own.
For "Pickup" row with 2 subsections(), there are 3 static rows comes below it which are "Booked Total", "Balance", "Deficit Date". The values for those static rows arto be manipulated manually and those are not simple totals.
My concern is whether I can add static sections in place of "subtotals" and can I manipulate those values also.
Could anyone help me to indentify whether I can do this with BIRT 2.2.0?
I already created crosstab. Now my issue is to issue static section in between which are not from database.
Thanks,
Shomy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Shomy,
You may have to use more than one crosstab. You won't be able to do the static data in the middle of a single crosstab.
Shomy
Hi,
Can you explain some more detail about the possibility of using more than one crosstab for this functionality.
Thanks,
Shomy
mwilliams
Shomy,
I don't have access to your data or even know what it looks like in your dataSet, but if I'm understanding you correctly on what you're looking to do with static sections in the middle of your crosstab, I imagine you'd have to just create different crosstabs for each section that has static information in between. Depending on how your data is set up, you'd have to use filters to only grab the data you're wanting for that section.
Shomy
Hi,
The report format is as below.
|
| Equipement Tytpe
Status |
| UM | NM | KL |
|
|
Empty | Available | 30 | |
| Flagged | | |
| Blocked | | 23 |
| Damaged | 32 | |
|EmptyTotal | 62 | 23 |
Pickup | 0 Days | 10 | 23 |
| 1 Days | 11 | 02 |
| 2 Days | 12 | 03 |
|Booked Total| 33 | 28 |
|Balance | 29 | -5 |
|Deficit Date | | |
Full | Import | 23 | 10 | 30
| Export | 23 | 12 | 03
|Full Total | 66 | 22 | 33
For the above report, column headers (Equipement Tytpe) are coming from database and are dynamic.
The row level headers (2 levels are there) also taken from database dynamically.
The values corresponding to "EmptyTotal", "Booked Total", "Balance", "Deficit Date ", "Full Total" are the statis ones coming in between rows.
I am unable to attach screenshots from here.
Thanks,
Shomy
mwilliams
Shomy,
If you can attach a flat file of sample data set up the way it is in your dataSet, I will be able to better understand your data and may be able to help more with the setup. Thanks.