How do I get BIRT to see my personal Java classes?<br />
<br />
I was playing around with BIRT for the first time this weekend. The tutorial at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseBIRT/article.html'>Reporting with Eclipse BIRT and POJO - Tutorial</a> suggests a way to report yahoo finance data via a scripted datasource. <br />
<br />
I tried to follow the tutorial literally. In the setStocks Data Set, in its "open" script, I included the following text:<br />
gsh = new Packages.de.vogella.stockticker.getStockHistory<br />
<br />
I had compiled the StockData.class, StockHistory.class, GetStockHistory.class into my own private library (outside of Eclipse) successfully. I tried various ways to make these classes (or a jar) visible to BIRT, but none succeeded. <br />
<br />
The error I am getting when previewing the dataset is:<br />
<br />
A BIRT exception occurred: There are errors evaluating script "__bm_open(": TypeError: [JavaPackage de.vogella.stockticker.getStockHistory] is not a function, it is org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaPackage.<br />
<br />
Thanks.