Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Another performance question
bigtruck
I've got a report that's got one main table with about 8 sub-tables inside of it. In most cases, several of the sub-tables contain no data so they are hidden... but it seems that BIRT still processes them (when I delete the tables and run the report it goes much faster).
I wasn't able to find anything specifically related to this in the BIRT performance webinar... does anyone know if there is a way to prevent BIRT from processing tables if there is no data for the table?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi bigtruck,<br />
<br />
I know there is a difference in processing when you drop a table vs hiding a table. If you have a way ahead of time to know that the table will be empty (maybe by a query that does a select count) then you can drop a table from the report using scripting. There is a script example located at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/devshare/designing-birt-reports/686-birt-scripting-examples-from-wjax/#description'>BIRT
Scripting Examples from WJAX - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a> that shows how to drop the table with script.
bigtruck
Great, that helps. Thanks!