Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to debug script code in BIRT RCP Designer?
ReinerK
I am using the BIRT RCP Designer 2.3.1.
Trying to color the lines of a table differently with the onCreate Script I get scripts with correct syntax, but they do not work. See thread "Coloring the lines of a table doesn't work".
So how can I find out where the problem is? There is no error alert or something... How can I debug the script in RCP Designer?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kosta
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'ReinerK'" data-cid="44212" data-time="1236169926" data-date="04 March 2009 - 05:32 AM"><p>
I am using the BIRT RCP Designer 2.3.1.<br />
<br />
<br />
Trying to color the lines of a table differently with the onCreate Script I get scripts with correct syntax, but they do not work. See thread "Coloring the lines of a table doesn't work".<br />
<br />
<br />
So how can I find out where the problem is? There is no error alert or something... How can I debug the script in RCP Designer?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Good question. Anybody knows that?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.
thuston
Upgrade to 2.3.2 (Actuate 10Sp1).
Then you can set a break point, choose Run-'Debug Report', then switch to the Eclipse Debug perspective.
fwhorton
I dont use RCP designer but sometimes I use java.lang.System.out.println("text"); to debug javascript. Then look in the console output.