Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing Date value to report at runtime
DButtery
Hi all,
OK - Hopefully this is a simple error that I'm overlooking ...
1) I have a report design that has a report parameter of type Date.
2) At runtime I am setting that parameter's value based on user input.
If the user's input is received as a String, then setting the parameter gives the following error:
The type of parameter "InDate" is expected as "date", not "java.lang.String"
OK - That is expected I suppose ...
If the user's input is received as a java.util.Date, the error becomes:
The type of parameter "InDate" is expected as "date", not "java.util.Date"
Hmmmm.... If I can't set the value to a String or Date then what exactly am I supposed to set it to?? What data type is the report parameter expecting?
Thanks,
-Dennis
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Dennis,
I believe the engine uses java.sql.Date, but how are you passing it?
Jason