Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filtering CrossTabs like subreports
stupol
Hi there, I think this should be simple but it's not working for me. I'm trying to have a crosstab that is filtered by an overall dataset. Something like this:
<Client Name>
Crosstab where clientName = ?
ie ? is the <Client Name>
Is there a trick to this? I'm fine with subreports and their method, but crosstabs seem hard.
TIA
Stuart
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Stuart,
So, you're wanting to have a crosstab as a subreport within a table, but can't figure out how to filter the crosstab to only who the data from the current "client"? Is this correct? If not, can you explain more? Thanks.
stupol
Exactly, I need the crosstab to be dependent on the current clientid just like I may use a subreport and make it dependent on the current clientid.
alex520
stupol , I understand why you say nest table is more simple for filter overall dataset, there is a dataset databinding parameter . The crosstab didn't need databinding parameter, you can just create a dataset for outer table, and create a crosstab inside the table just like other <data> element, the BIRT will
automated filter this crosstab by outer customer name. no databinding parameter need , when you finished let me know.
tkchris
Hi,
I am actually facing the same problem with Birt 2.3.1.
I have created a MainReport with a List associated to a dateDataSet (--> select distinct listDate from myCustomersTab).
I have created a SubReport of the MainReport containing a crossTab whose parameter is crossTabDate.
I would like to bind listDate to crossTabDate in order to update the crossTab when the listDate value changes.
How can I do this binding in the birt designer (or in any other way)?
I have tried the upon suggestion but did not get the crossTab updated.
Thanks.
mwilliams
Hi tkchris,
Are you talking about a sub-report within your list? Or are you talking about a drill-through/drill-down report where you link to another report?
tkchris
Hi,
The subreport contains the crosstab.
The subreport is in the List.
Thanks.
tkchris
Hi,
Please could someone tell me if the upon post is solvable with BIRT.
I don't understand why I cannot update a crossTab (inserted in a List n the same report) when the parameter changes... !!??!!
Any example or advise is wellcome.
Thanks
mwilliams
tkchris,
Can you recreate your issue with the sample database so I can run the reports and see what you're meaning. I don't think I'm quite understanding your issue. Thanks.
tkchris
Hi Michael,
Attached to this post is an example of report built with Birt-2.3.1.
Content: crosstab + chart
2 sections in the report:
1-Customer Orders : CrossTab Not In List
This illustrates the working case: change the value of the parameter and see the crosstab and the chart get updated
2-Customer Orders : CrossTab In a List
When the value of the parameter changes,
2.1-the crosstab is not updated ===> THIS IS THE PROBLEM
2.2-the chart is recalculated. I was expecting the crossTab to behave like this.
As you explained previously, this is because, crosstab does not have a "dataset Binding parameters"
How than can I solve this problem?
If you successfully modify the report, please post it back or send it to me.
Thanks.
tkchris.
mwilliams
tkchris,
Here ya go. The reason the first crosstab was working was because you were limiting the dataSet with that customernumber only. I took that parameter out of the dataSet and used filters on the crosstab and chart in the list. This returns the correct information. For the crosstab, I had to add the customerNumber as a group and just turn off the visibility on it, so I could use it in the filter. The crosstab and chart outside the list are not filtered and show all the information.
Hope this helps.
tkchris
Hi Michael,
I have successfully applied your solution to my project.
So The problem is solved.
Thanks.
regards,
TChris
mwilliams
TChris,
Excellent. Glad I could help. Let us know whenever you have questions!
GalenBoyer
How to have a crosstab accept bind to restrict its output?
mwilliams
Hi GalenBoyer,
Can you explain your question in a little more detail? Thanks.