Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Graph
Rapporter
Hi I want to generate Graph in BIRT. How should i go About it?Please guide me.
Thanks,
Surabhi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Surabhi,
Can you explain more of what you're looking for?
Rapporter
Hi,
Please find the attachment of the graph I an looking for.
Thanks,
Surabhi
mwilliams
Surabhi,
You should be able to make that chart with a line chart and an area chart. To get started with a chart, all you need to do is create your dataSource and dataSet, right click in the design area and choose insert chart or drag a chart element from the palette to the design area, then follow the steps in the chart wizard. If you have any questions, just let me know. I can probably create a quick example of this with the sample database if you would like. Just let me know the version of BIRT you're using.
Rapporter
Hi Michael,
Thanks for reply. I am using BIRT 2.2.2. I have used RE API For developing my reports through Dynamic Servlet Example given on Eclipse site. I have to use the same approach for this report too.
Regards,
Surabhi
mwilliams
Surabhi,
In that case, if you've already done charts before, all you'll need to do is create an area or line chart like normal with one series. Then, create another series with the same values, and change the series type to area or line, whichever is opposite of the other one. That should do what you're looking for.
Rapporter
Hi Micheal,
Thanks for your reply. Actually i have never made charts using RE API. I have to make make one . If i can get any Chart API Example that would be great.
Regards,
Surabhi
mwilliams
Surabhi,<br />
<br />
This post from the devShare may be of help to you. It includes slides from a webinar and examples using the CEAPI.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/devshare/designing-birt-reports/463-birt-chart-engine-api-webinar-examples/#description'>BIRT
Chart Engine API webinar examples - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>
Rapporter
Hi Micheal,
Thanks for your reply. i have gone through that example. i am facing one problem now. I was not able to run StandaloneChart example. It is giving me this error
Mar 25, 2009 9:59:56 AM org.eclipse.birt.chart.exception.ChartException logThis
WARNING: Exception
org.eclipse.birt.chart.exception.ChartException: org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.image.PngRendererImpl
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.newInstance(PluginSettings.java:932)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.getDevice(PluginSettings.java:507)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.api.ChartEngine.getRenderer(ChartEngine.java:116)
at com.tcs.incubation.mDeals.reports.StandaloneChart.<init>(StandaloneChart.java:111)
at com.tcs.incubation.mDeals.reports.StandaloneChart.main(StandaloneChart.java:91)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.image.PngRendererImpl
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.newInstance(PluginSettings.java:927)
... 4 more
org.eclipse.birt.chart.exception.ChartException: org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.image.PngRendererImpl
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.newInstance(PluginSettings.java:932)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.getDevice(PluginSettings.java:507)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.api.ChartEngine.getRenderer(ChartEngine.java:116)
at com.tcs.incubation.mDeals.reports.StandaloneChart.<init>(StandaloneChart.java:111)
at com.tcs.incubation.mDeals.reports.StandaloneChart.main(StandaloneChart.java:91)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.image.PngRendererImpl
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.newInstance(PluginSettings.java:927)
... 4 more
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.tcs.incubation.mDeals.reports.StandaloneChart.<init>(StandaloneChart.java:141)
at com.tcs.incubation.mDeals.reports.StandaloneChart.main(StandaloneChart.java:91)
can you plz help
Regards,
Surabhi
Rapporter
I am successfully able to run StandaloneChartOSGi Example. This Example was for barchart, how can i make line chart with this example.I am Still Struggling with Standalone Application Example. Please help
Thanks in advance.
Rapporter
Please help me for my above two problems.
mwilliams
Surabhi,
Can you send me your build path? Do you have the chart deployment runtime libs in it? Do you use the report designer to build your reports? This would be the best place to build the charts if you do.
Rapporter
Hi Michael,
Thanks for reply.I have added all the jars from Report Engine lib folder under Birt Run time 2-2-2 folder. Also can yo plz help me with any example of Charts with reports designer an how can i ender it through servlet.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Surabhi
Rapporter
Hi Michael,
i have written attached code to generate Chart through RE API. Please help. Now it has become very urgent.log File is attached.
mwilliams
Surabhi,<br />
<br />
Here is some info on wrapping the RE API in a servlet:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2006/07/26/deploying-birt.html?page=2'>Deploying
BIRT | O'Reilly Media</a><br />
<br />
I'll try to take a look at your code and the log file to figure out your issue with that. I'll let you know if I figure it out.
Rapporter
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply. Actually I am able to generate reports through Servlet. I am facing problem while generating chart. i am not sure how to set data set for Chart throught servlet. i think that is the problem with my code.
Regards,
Surabhi
Rapporter
Hi Michael,
I was able to generate data set for my reports. I am not getting any exception in log but on screen i am getting attached exception. i am attaching my code too.
Regards,
Surabhi
Rapporter
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to generate Chart and it is giving following error.
Column binding "id" has dependency cycle.
Can any one help me with this. I am really stuck. Please help.