Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Files in c:\
Bowker
win2k
ts 5.5.2
od 5.5
tst 5.5 (?)
My server administrator called this morning saying that there are +1500 files in the root directory of C on our TS server.
The files are named s??.?? (where ? is either a letter or a number). The file contains one line that look like the name of a DCR.
I've been requested to find a way to move them or find a way to keep them cleaned up.
Any suggestions as to where they're coming from and what to do about them.
Dan Bowker
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Templating does not (should not!) write any files outside of the teamsite repository, so this is a curious situation.
Do you think you could send us an example of one of these files?
Migrateduser
Dan, this is a new problem for us. It's probably best if you open a support case. Templating doesn't interact directly with the file system, so even though the files look templating related, the TST subsystem is probably not putting them there.
Lissa
lissa
Bowker
Interesting....
I looked at the event log at the same time these files are being created and found that these files are appearing at the same time as the following statements in the event log:
[Tue Jun 10 10:44:54 2003] ENT\lm50 master Unlock \default\main\NT0106\WORKAREA\uat \TemplateData\standard\standard-page\data\aboutus\investor\call_y9c_reports 0x001be219001bfe59001f54e3 ENT\lm50 Locked by launching edit.
[Tue Jun 10 10:44:54 2003] ENT\lm50 master DestroyFSE \default\main\NT0106\WORKAREA\uat \TemplateData\standard\standard-page\data\aboutus\investor\call_y9c_reports
[Tue Jun 10 10:44:55 2003] ENT\lm50 master CreateFSE \default\main\NT0106\WORKAREA\uat \TemplateData\standard\standard-page\data\aboutus\investor\call_y9c_reports
[Tue Jun 10 10:44:56 2003] ENT\lm50 master Lock \default\main\NT0106\WORKAREA\uat \TemplateData\standard\standard-page\data\aboutus\investor\call_y9c_reports 0x001be219001bfe5900201622 ENT\lm50 File locked by templating.
and the content of the file (named "sn3") that was created at 10:44 is:
TemplateData/standard/standard-page/data/aboutus/investor/call_y9c_reports
nipper
Looks like you have some triggers defined, look in iw.cfg for anything like: log_renamefse
also take a look at $iw-home/local/iwlocal.cfg
Andy
Bowker
[iwserver]
<lots of stuff omitted>
log_createfse=on
log_destroyfse=on
log_renamefse=on
log_modifyfse=on
and I don't have an iwlocal.cfg file.
nipper
check out the trigger section of the clt manual
also try this command
iwlsat
it will list what triggers are scheduled on what events
ANdy
Bowker
iwlsat returns nothing. I don't have any triggers setup.
Adam Stoller
Is it at all possible that your PT or a script in a WFT you are using - creates temporary files on your local disk and doesn't clean them up? That's where I'd focus my attention first...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Bowker
I should move this thread over to templating - it is a templating issue -
The files appear everytime someone (including me) presses "Save" while editing a DCR.
I have no triggers setup on the system.
I'm not doing any any formAPI stuff. (at least I don't think so)
No workflow involved
james1
I think that these files sound like what DataDeploy (DAS) used to do. But I think that DAS used iwat triggers, so iwlsat should have showed them.
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
I recommend filing a support case for this problem. I've done some checking, and no one is aware of any obvious things to try.
lissa
rollo
This is absolutely a shot in the dark and very unlikely, but could it be that something is unintentionally creating those files via a redirect?
Does it happen for all DCRs? What about if you click 'Save & Close' or 'Save As'?
Phil