Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
First report import - only header displays
AbbyNL
I took the asset list report asset.rptdesign and used it as a template for a new report. I added two parameters and a group table to the report. I can Preview results through BIRT, change parameter values and get different results. I did a single report import through Maximo using Report Administration.
I updated the following files with the new report information:
* <maximo>reportsbirttoolsproperties.xml
* <maximo>reportsbirtlibrariesasset.properties
* <maximo>reportsbirtreportsASSETreports.xml
No errors seen in import process. When I run the report only the report header-title and footer displays but no data. No error message, no clue why this is happening. Is there something I'm missing with the import? Is there a log file I can look at with report generation that will give me a clue?
Frustrated......
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AbbyNL
In the past with Actuate I was able to take an existing report do a Save As to a different report name then use this to create a new report. From this experience with BIRT the same can not be done. I had taken an existing report and using the same logic added parameters and tried to create the report.
I went back to basics and used a template as a base start for the report. I got the data to display first. Added parameters, still good. Added a Group, good. Once I got the group working I felt comfortable to do the rest of my formatting and cleanup. The report is running fine now.
billabang
I've also found it difficult taking existing reports but it can be done.
There just seems a lot more places for error in BIRT rather than Actuate. Although I still prefer BIRT by miles.
I saw this same kind of thing today where only the header displayed but no error. However I do get an error if I preview it in Eclipse rather than run it in Maximo.
My error was to do with grouping. It appeared within the XML a previous grouping had remained there un-asigned which I had not spotted from the front end.
I deleted it and it started working correctly.