Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Preview Opens in New Window
UtahJerry
I have one report that opens preview in a new window instead of the in the designer frame and I can't figure out why. The designer frame indicates "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" and the report pops up in a separate window. The same report fails to render as a PDF and I think they are the same issue. It works OK when generating a PDF from the 'Run' option, but when executing from a URL, it displays the 'generating report' screen then just terminates when it tries to display the PDF.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi jasheets;
Could you recreate your report using "classic models database" to showcase the issue and attach the report design?
AV
UtahJerry
I don't see how. There is nothing really unique about the reports (there are actually two reports that display this characteristic.) It may be possible for me to modify one to use a flat file data source I could send with the data or I may just try reconstructing the report and see if the new report has the same characteristic. If I rebuild the report maybe I could isolate the iteration that causes the preview to detach.
The two reports do have a hyperlinks in them and I removed them yesterday to see if that might be causing the problem, but apparently it didn't because removing them did not resolve the issue.