Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
report parameter in scripting
mh10
Hi,
i am trying to use report input parameter in onRender() of chart...
function beforeDrawLegendItem(lerh, bounds, icsc)
{
var seriestitle1 = "this year" + params["rp_year"].value;
}
this is giving error: params is not defined..........
any suggestions?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi mh10,
I know one thing you can do to get the value would be to set the value of the parameter into a PersistentGlobalVariable somewhere in script outside of the chart. Then you can call the PGV inside the chart function you're using with:
var param = icsc.getExternalContent().getScriptable().getPersistentGlobalVariable("pgv_name");
I'll have to look into it to see if there's a way to grab the parameter inside the chart without doing this. I'll let you know if I find anything.
mh10
Thanks Michael ....as per suggestion.. it worked..<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>Hi mh10,<br />
<br />
I know one thing you can do to get the value would be to set the value of the parameter into a PersistentGlobalVariable somewhere in script outside of the chart. Then you can call the PGV inside the chart function you're using with:<br />
<br />
var param = icsc.getExternalContent().getScriptable().getPersistentGlobalVariable("pgv_name");<br />
<br />
I'll have to look into it to see if there's a way to grab the parameter inside the chart without doing this. I'll let you know if I find anything.</p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Glad I could help. Let us know whenever you have any questions.