Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
runtime error for reportlibrary for the inherited datasource
Anna
Hi,
I have a report that uses the inherited datasource from the reportlibrary which I have designed, it work perfectly fine when I preview the rpeort in ecclipse designer. This throw me a runtime error when I deployed this in the tomcat. Could anyone help me with ?
The error is attached with this
and the core exception is given below.
terminated by the matching end-tag "</report>". Message:SAX detected an error with the basic XML syntax of the file.
Mar 29, 2009 3:26:20 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine defineDataSet
SEVERE: The data source of this data set can not be null.
Mar 29, 2009 3:26:20 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask createDynamicSelectionChoices
WARNING: Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: ReferenceError: "dataSetRow" is not defined.
Script source: source, line: 0, text:
dataSetRow["name"]
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.CoreException: Error evaluating Javascript expression. Script engine error: ReferenceError: "dataSetRow" is not d
efined.
Script source: source, line: 0, text:
dataSetRow["name"]
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.wrapRhinoException(JavascriptEvalUtil.java:287)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.JavascriptEvalUtil.evaluateRawScript(JavascriptEvalUtil.java:102)
Regards,
Anna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Anna
Hi All,
I resolved the problem myself.
When you edit a report which is already inherited a datasource from the report library, the xml tag shows something like this.
<data-sources>
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" name="datasource1" id="6"
extends="site_manager.site_manager">
<property name="odaDriverClass">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
<property name="odaURL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dbinstance1</property>
<property name="odaUser">root</property>
<encrypted-property name="odaPassword" encryptionID="base64">eG9gj3M=</encrypted-property>
</oda-data-source>
</data-sources>
remove some lines which are pertaining to location and credentials and is given below.
<data-sources>
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" name="datasource1" id="6"
extends="site_manager.site_manager"/>
Assumes that your library is also loacted on the same folder then restart your server, the report will work fine.
Regards,
Anna