Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Report Parameter generation
Rahul_NJ
Hi,
I would be thankful if I could get some good suggestions to approach a problem I am having. My problem is :
I have a set of input parameters for my report say :
1) Start Date and End Date
2) Start Time and End Time
and my third parameter (empId) should be dynamically generated. I will have to query a table to get the employeeIds between the above range of Start Date, time and End Date, time. Something like :
Select
empId // (Third Parameter)
From
Employee
Where
Date Between '01 Dec 2008' // (Start Date)
And '01 Dec 2008' // (End Date)
And Time Between 093000 // (Start Time)
And 093100 // (End Time)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
You can create a parametrized data set that will accept your time-based inputs as parameters. Then create your last parameter. Bind the dynamic parameter to the data set and you should be all set. Mark the parameter as hidden and the user will never see it, it will get populated behind the scenes.
Rahul_NJ
Hi Brian,
Sorry for the late reply. I created a dataset d2 which selects empId (Third Parameter) from the Employee table based on the main input parameters (StartDate, EndDate, StartTime, EndTime). I added dataset parameters (StartDate, EndDate, StartTime, EndTime) for the dataset d2. I also added the same Report parameters (StartDate, EndDate, StartTime, EndTime). I binded the dataset parameters with the report parameters. I added the last report parameter that is empId as a dynamic list box based on the records retrieved from the d2 dataset. When I run the report, I give values for all the main input parameters (StartDate, EndDate, StartTime, EndTime), but my last report parameter (empId listbox) does not get populated.
Thanks,
Rahul
Rahul_NJ
Can anyone please help me out?