Hello all,<br />
<br />
I am fairly new to BIRT and have come across an issue.<br />
<br />
Configuration <br />
BIRT 2.3.1<br />
Weblogic 10.0<br />
JAVA 1.5.06<br />
<br />
For our application we want to keep the birt.war file static. For this we have to deploy the reports under a different war file (birtreports.war) and not as part of birt.war. I have tried to play around with different parameters for BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER and WORKING_FOLDER_ACCESS_ONLY, but nothing seems to work. We do not want to use Absolute path as the reports will be part of a birtreports.war file. <br />
<br />
<br />
Birt.ear is deployed along with our application EAR file and contains<br />
1> birt.war (contains viewer)<br />
2> birtreports.war (contains reports)<br />
<br />
<br />
If the reports are under /reports folder in birt.war then I can view the reports using the URL without any problems. <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:7001/birt/preview?__report=commentsByTabs.rptdesign&projectnumber=012083&userlevel=H&tabname=Configure General&reviewername=MSHARMA&reviewergroup=NGB&__format=pdf'>http://localhost:7001/birt/preview?__report=commentsByTabs.rptdesign&projectnumber=012083&userlevel=H&tabname=Configure General&reviewername=MSHARMA&reviewergroup=NGB&__format=pdf</a><br />
<br />
But when the reports are in birtreports.war the URL doesn't work. parameters used are as follows....<br />
<br />
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER</param-name><br />
<param-value>birtreports</param-value><br />
<br />
<param-name>WORKING_FOLDER_ACCESS_ONLY</param-name><br />
<param-value>true</param-value><br />
<br />
ERROR :<br />
The report file : /C:/bea/user_projects/domains/enboss/servers/admin/tmp/_WL_user/_appsdir_birt_ear/5os3or/war//birtreportscommentsByTabs.rptdesign does not exist or contains errors.<br />
<br />
<br />
How do I manipulate BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER and WORKING_FOLDER_ACCESS_ONLY to look for reports under birtreports.war?<br />
Can anybody help me??<br />
<br />
thanks in advance<br />
<br />
~monica