Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Scripted Data Source - No refresh
Tero
Hello All,
Birt 2.3.1 / Report Design
I am working with a Java class to retrieve the data to display in the report. Therefore I use a Scripted Data Source to link to the Java Classes.
Now everytime I change something in the java class which generate the list of pojos which are read in the Data Set, I cannot see the changes in the Previews. In none of them, neither the one from the Data Sets (Preview Results), nor in the Preview tab in the Report Design perspective.
The only way I found out the data is refreshing is if I restart the whole Eclipse!
This is very time-consuming.
Do you have at least a quicker work-around?
Thanks!
Tero
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Tero,
If you run the report in the web viewer through the designer, do you get the same result?
Tero
Hello Michael,
Yes, if I use the Web Viewer to see the report after changing the factory class (and saving and compiling it) the Web Viewer isn't showing the modifications.
The same as the previews, it does not show them.
Cheers,
Gerardo
mwilliams
Gerardo,
Where are you placing your java class? In a separate java project?
Tero
On the same project.
It is a web project running on Tomcat 6.
The classes are on the WEB-INF/classes folder
The xyz.rptdesign file on another folder, parallel to WEB-INF.
mwilliams
Gerardo,
Sorry, I meant inside the designer where you're having your issues with the preview of the data. Do you have a java project set up for the class?
Tero
Yes again...
The whole is a project started as a Dynamic Web Project in Eclipse
and the report as a "new report" within that project
Tero
bug has been opened<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=271500'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=271500</a>
;
dj-method-x
<p>Hey I am having a similar problem. I have followed Lars Vogel's tutorial on BIRT using POJO's and everything is working fine. However when I do simple updates to the POJO's like adding a new getter, I have to restart eclipse to be able to use these new methods in the report's fetch javascript or else I get an error. This is very annoying to say the least. Any help?</p>