Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab sorting with date headers
Rainer
Hello all,
in my crosstab report I have two dimensions the "horizontal" are dates, which differ from month to month (not fixed!!), the "vertical" dimension consists of some textual data. So I have to sort facts in the crosstab in descending order by latest month in report. I´ve tried to add some ranking or other flag in the dataset but I didn´t get it working. Is there a way to do something like that?
Regards Rainer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rainer,
Can you explain more about what your data looks like? Maybe show a diagram of the data and how it's supposed to be sorted? Thanks.
Rainer
hi michael,
in the attachement there´s a screenshot of my report (I hope you can find anything..). Data comes from database and is computed every time from date of report execution. I have to sort data by latest month in report (the most right column in my report).
Thanks rainer
mwilliams
Rainer,
The image is too small for me to see, but I think I understand now. If you have the following crosstab:
--| January | February | March
A | 1 | 2 | 2
B | 1 | 1 | 1
C | 2 | 3 | 4
D | 0 | 1 | 3
You want to see:
--| January | February | March
C | 2 | 3 | 4
D | 0 | 1 | 3
A | 1 | 2 | 2
B | 1 | 1 | 1
Is this correct?
Rainer
correct!!
regards rainer
mwilliams
Rainer,<br />
<br />
Sorting by the measures isn't a feature of a crosstab yet, I don't believe. This is something that could definitely be requested as an enhancement. You can do this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a>.