Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Stored Proc in Birt Report
Tripathi
Hello All,
I am using Birt Eclipse Designer for Birt Reporting and the backend is Oracle 9i.
I created a following package in oracle
=================================
create or replace package types
as
type cursorType is ref cursor;
end;
/
=================================
/*and a procedure */
=================================
create or replace procedure getemps( p_cursor in out types.cursorType )
as
begin
open p_cursor for select ename, empno from emp order by ename;
end;
=================================
the above package and procedure runs fine in oracle..even i am getting a result set ...
but when i try to use the same in Birt report designer it fails....
following is the way i am using procedure in eclipse birt
1.I create a new report
2. establish a DataSource Connection
3. Create new Data Set
4. and i call my procedure in following way in Query tab
call SCOTT.GETEMPS(' ')
but it throws an error msg
"can not get the resultset meta data
SQL statement does not return a resultset object"
does anyone have any clue why is it not working in Birt environment.
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rpolunsky
I have a report somewhere that will do this. I'll look for it.
rpolunsky
I can find the report but not the database it was written against.
The report invocation is:
<property name="queryText">{call CHANGE_ANALYSIS2(?,?,?)}</property>
The query source is:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE change_analysis2 (
refdate_mmddyyyy IN VARCHAR2,
numdays IN NUMBER,
changeset OUT sys_refcursor
)
AS
...
CLOSE cursor_data;
OPEN changeset FOR
SELECT *
FROM TABLE (CAST (chg_records AS chg_table));
END;
You might not need an IN OUT param.
sys_refcursor depends on your version of Oracle.
I hope this helps.