Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Generating Throws Exception in Servlet Viewer But Not In Design Viewer
mmah
After I upgraded the report run time engine to 2.5M6, most of the reports are able to be generated. But then sometimes I run into a problem where reports could not be generated.<br />
<br />
My reports are generated based on the parameters entered at the UI front of our web application. <br />
<br />
For instance, I want to print a Cession Percentage report. The default values in the UI form are as follows:<br />
<br />
Branch From - 0<br />
Branch To - zzzzzzzzzz<br />
Dept Fm - 0<br />
Dept To - zzzzzzzzzz<br />
Sub Class FM - 0<br />
Sub Class To - zzzzzzzzzz<br />
From Date - 22/4/2009 (sysdate)<br />
To Date - 22/4/2009 (sysdate)<br />
<br />
If I generate a report based on the default parameters, I would get an exception. However, I get the generated report if for instance I change e.g the from Date to another value like 01/01/2009. This error too also happens in some fields, like when I specify Sub Class range from SUBH4 to SUBH4.<br />
<br />
This problem doesn't occur when <strong class='bbc'>previewing it in Designer view</strong>. If there are no results, the designer view shows no results, but in the servlet, it throws exception.<br />
<br />
The stacktrace shown is as follows:<br />
<br />
Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.aggregation.AggregationHelper.calculate(AggregationHelper.java:140)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.aggregation.AggregationHelper.populateAggregations(AggregationHelper.java:109)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.aggregation.AggregationHelper.(AggregationHelper.java:86)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateAggregationInBinding(PassManager.java:143)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.pass(PassManager.java:126)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateResultSet(PassManager.java:70)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.ResultSetPopulator.populateResultSet(ResultSetPopulator.java:196)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.CachedResultSet.(CachedResultSet.java:86)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.execute(DataSourceQuery.java:894)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery$OdaDSQueryExecutor.executeOdiQuery(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:331)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:1005)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ServiceForQueryResults.executeQuery(ServiceForQueryResults.java:235)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryResults.getResultIterator(QueryResults.java:160)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.QueryResultSet.(QueryResultSet.java:92)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:129)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:253)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1755)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:76)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:43)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:46)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:34)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:64)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:99)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:157)<br />
<br />
I am not sure if this is a notable bug found in the 2.5M6 release or not.<br />
<br />
Kindly advise. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi mmah,<br />
<br />
So, these reports worked fine in the viewer for the previous version you were using? From first glance, it sounds like a bug. You could search the bugs at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a> and see if it's been reported yet. If not, please log a bug.
mmah
Michael,<br />
<br />
>So, these reports worked fine in the viewer for the previous version you >were using? From first glance, it sounds like a bug. You could search the<br />
> bugs atBIRT: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements and see if it's >been reported yet. If not, please log a bug.<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'><br />
The reports were designed in 2.3.1. It would run fine but only for Weblogic 10.0 or 9.2. After we upgraded to 10.3 (to allow more connections to one machine as 10.0 allows maximum 5), we encountered a major problem in which reports with agg. fields (count, sum, avg) could not be generated. The said problem, the PreparedQueryStatement exception was resolved by upgrading the runtime engine from 2.3.1 to 2.5M6. (note I asked a few times about it)<br />
</em><br />
<br />
This time the AggregationHelper.calculate exception occurs when launching the servlet window to generate a report. (as mentioned in previous posting) <br />
<br />
I thought the problem could be solved by porting and saving the reports using the v2.5M6 report designer - sadly, it doesn't. <br />
<br />
I guess it's a bug.<br />
<br />
Melvin