Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Passing values from DCR to inline or call-out
meikel
Hi
I've a DCR with i.e. 2 fields. First one contains a value, which I try to pass to an inline-command or call-out.
How can I handle that?
regards
meikel
an example DCR:
<item name="one">
<label>one</label>
<text required="t" maxlength="2" />
</item>
<item name="two">
<label>tow</label>
<inline command="blah.ipl" />
</item>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
inline's are processed when the DCT is being rendered - so the first time through this will never work. Or are you saying that you want the second field (note - misspelling in label :-) to change based upon the first field when editing an existing DCR?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
meikel
I know, that in a new dcr the field "one" is empty. (That's another problem to be solved :-))
but how can i access the field / the value of "one" in the inline-perl script?
meikel
P.S.: no problem with the misspelling. its only an example :-)
Adam Stoller
If memory serves correctly, the inline is passed several arguments on the command line (or maybe it's environment variables?) - and I believe you can use these to ascertain the DCR being edited (I could be wrong) - if so, you can then parse the DCR using a variety of methods to extract the value of the first field.
I don't have an example handy, nor the time to work one out right now - but that would be the approach I would start with. Look at what you are provided, and figure out from there how to get what you want.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
craigm
You wrote: "if so, you can then parse the DCR using a variety of methods to extract the value of the first field."
Can you please provide an example (using perl, not javascript)?
Adam Stoller
TeamSite:
CRparser
TeamSite:
CRnode
TeamSite::XMLParser
TeamSite::XMLnode
XML:
arser
Read the POD for the modules to determine which one you want to use - there are some other ones too (like XML:
OM) that might also be of interest.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)