Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Linux
Shafeeque
Hi this my third post regarding the same problem and nobody is responded yet... Please any Birt members help me.....
Linux will not display embedded images while exporting into word format... any hints?
I have tried to export a report with an image to word format. In windows images are coming in word But in Linux images are missing.. Is there something wrong in Linux?
Thanks once again
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
alex09
I think Birt has some serious issues with images in general.
I got same issue when I exported some reports to Word format in Windows eventhough images were showing in some other reports!
Try using URI instead of embedded images and that might work. My issue with Word images in Windows was resolved when I used URI instead of embedded images.
Shafeeque
Thank you alex,
definitely i will try with URI and will update the status..
Shafeeque
Hi I have tried URI option also...... still images are not coming...
whom should i contact for this? anybody from the BIRT development team
ghetto2ivy
Its been working just fine for me on linux. I can't reproduce the error. I occasionally embed charts or png images in reports. Have you tried opening the files in open office?
Shafeeque
Hi,
I will try opening it in Open Office. But, definitely i cant force my users to use OpenOffice for the reports.
We are using Birt 2.3.1. Birt Viewer integrated with OC4J version 10.1.3.1.1.
OC4J server is running on Linux (RedHat Enterprise Linux 4) and the users will be accessing the application from Windows using Mozilla/IE. Everything else is working fine, except the image problem with export to word. I have created a test report with just two images (embedded and from resource). I am attaching it for your reference.
Also please note that exporting it to power point and pdf are working fine, only word is causing problem
Shafeeque
Hi,
I tried it in Open Office also... Still no images are coming....
any help will be appreciated....
Shafeeque
Yes, at last it solved..
I was using Ms Word 2003. After upgrading it to MS Word 2003 SP3 everything working perfectly...
Thanks to you all...