Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
2.3.2.1 Designer Crash During Preview?
jameskoch
I just grabbed 2.3.2.1. We currently use 2.2 and it works fine.
2.3 is working for our web Viewer implementation, but I'm having a problem w/ the designer preview crashing.
Steps:
- grab the 2.3.2.1 all-in-one
- new report project
- new report using "my first report" template
- Add a datasource/set for "SELECT * FROM CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS"
- Bind template report's table to dataset
- Add CustomerName column to table
- Switch to preview tab
* Eclipse closes. Log file attached.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi jameskoch,
You may try downloading it again and see if you somehow got a bad copy, cause I have not heard of this issue before.
jameskoch
I tested again, using fresh download from a new mirror. I also ran Eclipse w/ the -clean switch, and used a blank report instead of the My First Report.
The crash still occurs.
The only thing I didn't try was a reboot, which I'll try eventually.
Also, I'm on Vista x64 which has been known to throw a wrench into many things.
mwilliams
jameskoch,
I haven't heard of any issues with this before. I will be upgrading to Vista 64 here shortly. I guess I will see if I experience the same issues when that happens. I'll let you know if I do or if I hear anything more on this.
jameskoch
I've tracked this down to being yet-another side effect of this designer bug - <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=275008'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=275008</a><br
/>
<br />
Essentially, my reports typically had a bad relative path reference to a library, and this interferes with both the debugger and the preview.