Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Driver Report for iServer Express
jmangan
I'm hoping to find a driver report example that will run a report report run once for each possible parameter in my report.
I have a report that will give me back a simple table listing the orders for each customer in Classic Models. I would like to get back a single report document for each customer rather than a grouped table with all customers.
I've added in a parameter so I can get back just a single customer's orders, but now need a way to run the report once for each without manually running or scheduling each customer's report.
Does anyone have an example report that will go through a data set and kick off another report for each row - passing that row's value as a parameter to another report on the iServer (Express)?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi John,<br />
<br />
There is an example located at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/381-leveraging-iserver-express-web-services-and-e-spreadsheet-to-execute-birt-and-e-spreadsheet-reports/#description'>Leveraging
iServer Express web services and e.Spreadsheet to execute BIRT and e.Spreadsheet reports - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a> that shows how to use the iServer Express web services API to schedule multiple reports. This particular example uses an e.Spreadsheet report as the driver report, but then schedules a bunch of BIRT reports so it should give you a good jump start. If you modify this to use a BIRT report as the driver report, please post it back to DevShare.
jmangan
Thanks Virgil, I'll check it out!
John