Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
error generating crosstab with dynamic datasource
vash
Hi,
I am using a report parameter to define the xml datasource.
It gives me an error while generating the report which contains a crosstab.
Is it necessary to have a static source to define a cube for crosstab.
I have attached my report design and the xml datasource.
Please give in suggestions.
-Vash
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Vash,
What version of BIRT are you using?
vash
Michael,
I am using 2.3.1
-Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
What error are you getting? The example you posted runs without error for me in BIRT 2.3.1.
vash
Michael,
I hope you are setting the datasource with the report parameter as per my design.
If I set the xml file location in the datasource(static) then there are no errors.
I have attached the error in a file.
-Vash
mwilliams
Oops! That is what I was doing. Just set it out of habit. I'll check it out.
vash
I thought so..
Anyways let me know.
-Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
Looks like it's a bug in BIRT 2.3.1. It works as expected in the latest release, BIRT 2.3.2.
vash
Oh ok.
Are there any chances of fixing this bug?
Thanks,
Vash
mwilliams
Vash,<br />
<br />
Here is the bug report for it:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=246677'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=246677</a><br
/>
<br />
It doesn't look like there is a patch of any sort available. Are you not able to upgrade to 2.3.2?
vash
I havn't tried yet cos we have everythin deployed as per 2.3.1
I will try upgarding on one machine though.
With crosstab reference, I have one more question.
I am using crosstabs, as I want to display 2 columns in a horizontal fashion than the normal vertical orientation used in a table.
So I have one group 'a' and 2 summary fields 'a' and 'b'.
In the report design, I hide first row(i.e. group a).
But when you generate a pdf, there is a row(with minimum width) visible.
Is it possible to avoid showing that in the report?
-Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
I don't know that there's a good way to get rid of that because it's part of the crosstab element. However, there are a couple possible workarounds I can suggest that may work for you.
I haven't tried this, but you might be able to modify the XML Source to get rid of this area. Be sure to make a copy of your report if you're going to attempt this so you don't mess up your original copy.
The other suggestion I have would be to use a border on the blank section that is the color of whatever your background will be to cover up the default line.
vash
Michael,
I tried doing what you said.
But it doesn't seem to work.
Can you try something and let me know.
Thanks,
Vaishali
vash
Michael,
Actually the border thing worked for me.
Thanks,
Vaishali
mwilliams
Vaishali,
Excellent! Let us know whenever you have questions.