Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic page break interval based on report output format
Rahul_NJ
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have set a page break interval of 20 if my report output format is HTML and page break interval of 0 if my report output format is PDF. The reason i did this is because my report generated a lot of rows and hence cannot be displayed in one shot in HTML in the BIRT Viewer because of memory constraints. Hence, for HTML, I have give a page break interval of 20. But when I export this into PDF using the BIRT Viewer Export feature, The PDF page breaks at different points, hence spoiling the pagination. So, I got to know to write a script in the beforeFactory event to check if the output format is PDF and set the pagebreak interval to 0. But this doesnt work when we export from BIRT Viewer to PDF. It only works when we directly generate a PDF or HTML without the use of BIRT Viewer. Please advise how do I move forward. BIRT Viewer is already used in our application and the page break interval should be dynamically set to say 50 once the HTML is loaded initially and changed to 0 when the report is exported as PDF.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Rahul Sudhakaran<br />
email - <a href='mailto:' title='E-mail Link' class='bbc_email'>rahul.sudhakaran@gmail.com</a>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rahul_NJ
Hi,
Can anyone help me out with this problem?
Thanks,
Rahul
mwilliams
Hi Rahul,
Can you create a report with the sample database that has this set up? What version of BIRT are you using?
sena
Hi,
I use BIRT 2.1.2 to develop my report, I need dynamic pagebreak interval in my report. This is because I need to calculate all of the record returned by query and I only display the result in group footer. The record detail it self remind invisible.
Because of a lot of record returned for calculation and only the group footer displayed, my report become mussy. I try to change the page break interval to bigger value, but Its only work for some query not for the other query that return different records number.
Could anyone help me to find out the solution for this problem??
mwilliams
Hi sena,
Can you create an example of this with the sample database that I can look at. I'm not sure if I understand what issue you're having completely.