Persian characters in pdf view

alirezaS
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,all.
I'm using birt 2.3.2 and I have a very confusing problem with it.I've build a report contains some persian strings.When I try to preview it in pdf from all-in-one there is no problem and everything is so nice,BUT when I try to deploy the report in my j2ee application and run report with a pdf result,some characters are incorrect.
Does anyone know how I can solve this problem or at least how I can search for the root cause of this problem????

Tnx all

Comments

• JasonW
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    I assume the tomcat installation is on a separate machine?
    If so can you install tomcat locally to test?

Jason
  • alirezaS
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    tnx for your reply,first of all.
    I run the report in JBoss.
    I've focused more.I've found that in design time and also view in web there is the same problem.The generated pdf file don't show special persian characters which are not same as arabic character.
    (There are some common character in arabi and farsi(persian) which has different shapes in two languages and also farsi has 4 more characters than arabic.It seems that birt consider them as arabic)

tnx again for your attention
  • JasonW
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Can you log a bug for this?

Jason
  • alirezaS
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    I'll do.tnx for your attention.

Alireza
  • maheydari
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Would you please tell me how you resolve your problem?I also have this problem with some persian character.
    When I see the report in PDF format some character(گ، پ ،چ ) showed separated and these character can't attach to the word such as (پ یش).

Thanks in advance
  • JasonW
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Take a look at this bug entry<br />
    <br />
    <a class='bbc_url' href='https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=155551'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=155551</a><br />
    <br />
    I believe there is a link to a work around.<br />
    <br />
    Jason
  • maheydari
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    I really appreciate for your answer.
  • <p>Hello All,</p><p>   This issue is still faced with the newest birt edition 3.7.x and 4.x.x . The link provided in the turnaround is invalid. Is there any chances that we find a fix for this case?</p><p>Regards</p>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • <p>I had similar issue but with Chinese.</p><p> </p><p>Open up the PDF and check the font that is being used.</p><p>If that font does not have all the characters.</p><p> </p><p>You need to figure out what font will work for you.</p><p> </p><p>I found for my Chinese the font to deal with Chinese was SimSum.ttf</p><p> </p><p>Then I modified the font for pdf in locale = chinese to use SimSum.ttf</p><p> </p><p>Then I had to make sure my production server had the proper font available.</p><p> </p><p>Gary</p>