Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
CSS issues in 2.3.0
rpolunsky
I use an external CSS stylesheet that worked in 2.2.1.1.
In 2.3.0, I get unrecognized CSS value errors on border width and color. I've resolved the border width issue by changing the casing in my CSS file from "thin" (lowercase) to "Thin" (capital case), as I see the values in the BIRT designer dropdowns have changed.
However, I also have the following error:
May 11, 2009 2:19:33 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.ColorPropertyType validateXml
SEVERE: Invalid color property value 1F3953
CSS CONTENT:
/* Custom BIRT Styles */
.rowhead {
font-family: sans-serif;
font-size: x-small;
font-weight: bold;
color: white;
background-color: #1f3953;
}
Does anyone know what changed about CSS support in 2.3.0?
ADDENDUM:
The "Thin" change didn't actually work. I have the following:
May 11, 2009 2:49:49 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.css.StyleSheetLoader semanticWarning
WARNING: Error.StyleSheetParserException.INVALID_SIMPLE_CSSPROPERTY_VALUE
May 11, 2009 2:49:49 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.ColorPropertyType validateXml
SEVERE: Invalid color property value 1F3953
May 11, 2009 2:49:49 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.css.StyleSheetLoader semanticWarning
WARNING: Error.StyleSheetParserException.INVALID_SIMPLE_CSSPROPERTY_VALUE
May 11, 2009 2:49:49 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.ChoicePropertyType validateXml
SEVERE: Not found choice: Thin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi rpolunsky,
I tried that code only with .table-header in a .css file and got the expected result in 2.3.0. Haven't tried with a border style yet.
Can you create a report with the sample database and a .css file that has this issue so that I can run it and see for myself? Thanks.
rpolunsky
I'll have to set up a parallel dev space using the sampledb and see what happens.
The report when run in the 2.3.0 RCP designer throws the same errors in the reporting.log file.
rpolunsky
I created a sample report against the Derby database and am getting the same errors in the reporting log - see attached
rpolunsky
I'm going to check this with the Derby sampledb in 2.3.2.2 and in 2.5.0 and see whether I'm still getting the same issues.
There does seem to be some kind of issue regarding ordering of attributes in the CSS file where the ****-****-style attribute should be listed before ****-****-width or ****-****-color.
mwilliams
rpolunsky,
I no longer have 2.3.0 on my computer, but I tried this report design in 2.3.1 and received no errors. Let me know what you get when you try it in later versions. I'll redownload 2.3.0 to test if you must use it.
rpolunsky
Thanks, I'm getting ready to run parallel tests in 2.3.2.2 and 2.5.0 to determine which version to migrate to, and I'll see what CSS issues I still see.
mwilliams
Excellent. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.
rpolunsky
I lost the thread on this. It turns out that CSS file had the color value without the leading '#' symbol.
andreas2
Hi,<br />
<br />
in my case I had the following similar error and it turns out to be some kind of case-sensitive parsing thing:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
background-color: RGB(255,163,163); /* throws the error */
background-color:RGB(255,163,163); /* throws the error */
background-color:rgb(255,163,163); /* works like a charm */
</pre>
<br />
The error I got looked like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Feb 17, 2011 12:49:22 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.metadata.ColorPropertyType
SEVERE: Invalid color property value RGB255 , 163 , 163)
Feb 17, 2011 12:49:22 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.css.StyleSheetLoader
WARNING: Error.StyleSheetParserException.INVALID_SIMPLE_CSSPROPERTY_VALUE
</pre>
<br />
Kind regards<br />
Andreas :-)