Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PageBreak
vrlekshmi
Hi all,
I have a pdf report with a grid containing 2 columns and in each column i have 1 table each.
In the table i have a grid in the detail row containing some data which needs to be displayed.
Both the table contain the query the same dataset and based upon some conditions data being displayed. The problem i m facing is i am not able apply page breaks properly. The report is trying to fit the data as much as possible in one page and breaks automatically. Refer the figure for a detail understanding. I want to properly fit the data. Please help me.
Thanks & Regards
Lekshmi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Lekshmi,
What version of BIRT are you using?
vrlekshmi
Hi Michael,
BIRT Version is 2.3.2.
Thanks & Regards
Lekshmi
mwilliams
Lekshmi,
Do you think you could create a report with the sample database that has this issue so that I can test a couple things on it to see if I can find a solution? Thanks.
vrlekshmi
Hi Michael,
Please find the sample report design.
Thanks & Regards
Lekshmi
mwilliams
Lekshmi,
This exact report design was the one used for your pdf you attached? If so, when I run the report, it doesn't split up any of the "Identity Cards".
vrlekshmi
Hi Michael,
Please check the attached document. I have marked a box. Please check and reply.
Thanks & Regards
Lekshmi
mwilliams
Lekshmi,
I saw that in your first post. I was looking for a report design that I could run that this happens in. This way I could try a couple things to get it to work, including trying it in version 2.5M7.
vrlekshmi
Hi Michael,
But this is happening for me in the sample report I had send you earlier.
Thanks & Regards
Lekshmi
mwilliams
Lekshmi,
That is weird that it's breaking for you in 2.3.2 and not for me. Maybe we have different builds of 2.3.2. Here is my version info:
Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.3.2.r232_20090202 Build <2.3.2.v20090218-0730>
What is yours?
It also works for me in 2.3.1, so maybe it's the version of PDF viewer.
mwilliams
Lekshmi,
Try this out. I made a couple modifications to your report design. I added an interval grouping on the tables and a page break after each group. Hopefully this helps. Let me know.
vrlekshmi
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the solution and it worked for me.
Thanks & Regards
Lekshmi Sivan