Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Report Output Excel Format
loume
Hi, I have one problem want to ask
Is there have way to output excel format when run birt report that my computer only install office viewer.
I had try to use office viewer 2003 and 2007, but it can't open birt report
Have anyone can toke to me how to use office viewer to open birt report??
thx.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rpolunsky
Unless I'm wrong, I wouldn't expect those viewers to work. The Excel emitter isn't writing a pure binary-format XLS file; it's actually writing an XML-formatted file according to some data interchange specification that Microsoft wrote. Excel opens that file, parses it and presents it to you. The viewers expect to see a file in XLS format.
pujari
hi,
i used the below code to get the report in xls format but i am getting xls file but not a valid output. thanks in advance
if(request.getParameter("type")!= null && request.getParameter("type").length()>0 && request.getParameter("type").equalsIgnoreCase("xls"))
{
response.setContentType( "application/xls" );
RenderOption options = new RenderOption();
options.setOutputFormat("xls");
response.setHeader( "Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=\"test.xls\"" );
options.setOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());
task.setRenderOption(options);
}
thuston
Pujari, go back to the forum list and 'Start New Topic'