Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
User filter only when parameter has special values
Sandro
Hello,
I have a question about Filters.
I have several different report parameters which I want to use in some filters.
Is there a possibility to activate a filter only when one of the parameters contains a special value? Or when one of the parameters is not null?
An example:
Parameter "status":
Null Value
1
2
3
When the parameter is 1, 2 or 3 I want to filter the Data. When the parameter is null, all the data should be shown.
Thanks for your help!
Greetings from Germany
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
You can make your filters as complex as you like. The filter itself is built in an expression editor so you can add conditional logic right there (if/else). <br />
<br />
Check out this DevShare item to give you a head start on building a more complex filter via the expression editor. You will see in the example the filter checks if a date occurs within a range OR is null.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=863'>Expression-Based
Data Set Filter - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Good Luck!