Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom Font for PDF
vrlekshmi
Hello all,
How to embed a custom font while generating a PDF Report in BIRT?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bsupport
Hi Vrlekshmi,<br />
<br />
In the beforeFactory you can set it for the style like:<br />
SN = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findStyle("stylename"); <br />
SN.setStringProperty("fontFamily", "arial");<br />
<br />
In the same manner you can set the size?<br />
<br />
Hope this might help you.<br />
<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Birtsupport<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.reportinghouse.com'>Reporting
House: Our Focus...Your Reports</a>
vrlekshmi
Hi,
I tried this but I am not able to get it. One doubt regarding the code, should I create a new style for the strings to display and apply that style.
I have made the changes in the code as follow:
SN = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getDesignHandle().findStyle("TextStyle");
SN.setStringProperty("fontFamily", "RaghuMalayalam");
Whats is this SN?
Also I need 2 fonts in the PDF at the same time, i.e I want to use both English and Malayalam fonts.
gliu
If you wants use custom TrueType font in PDF report, two steps should follow:
1. set the fontfamily style to the custom font.
2. Copy the TrueType font to system fonts folder or add the font path to font-paths section in plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.fonts/fontConfig.xml. More detail information please refer to the comments in the fontConfig.xml file.