Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pie Chart Interaction
ssekhar
Hi,
I created a pie chart and wanted to add interaction to it. I am able to do it by doing the follwing way.
I created a seperate report to show the results and attached that report to the interaction hyperlink in Pie chart properties. The results displayed in a sepetare window when I click on any Pie slice.
My question here is how can I show same results in a tool tip when I mouse over on Pie slices.
Please let me know how can I do it.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
When you edit the Pie Chart, Click on the "Interactivity" button when editing the value series. From there a Window will pop up, you can configure the "Mouse Over" event to show whatever text you want including the value represented by the pie slice.
ssekhar
Hi Bhanley,
I want to add dynamic tool tip to the Pie chart. When ever I move mouse to paticular slice, it should display list of values in a tool tip(The results are different for each pie slice).
Please let me know how can I do it.'
Thanks
bhanley
The tool tip editor features a full expression editor. Inside the expression editor, you can add dynamic values such as the value defining the pie slice.<br />
<br />
I have attached a sample for you. I build a Tool Tip out showing the Product Sales for each slice of the pie. The expression looks like this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>"Product Sales: $" + row["VALUE"]</pre>
<br />
Sample is built on BIRT 2.3.2 using the sample database.
ssekhar
Hi Bhanley,
Thanks very much for your quick reply. I tried in that way, but i am able to show only single value in tootip( actually i have 5 values). How can I show all 5 values in the tool tip.
Thanks again for your help.
bhanley
Are each of the 5 values on the same row of the data set? If so you can just concatenate them in the expression editor. I did this with a String and a data value in the sample so you would have a sample to follow.
ssekhar
Hi Bhanley,
The values are in the same column not in the same row. How can I show the 5 values which exist in the same column?
Thanks for your help
bhanley
You would need to hold the values in variables (likely using <em class='bbc'>PersistentGlobalVariables </em>at the reportContext level) and then access them via the expression editor.<br />
<br />
In my opinion, it would take a fair amount of work to do this.
edan
Is it possible to add a tool tip on an image or on a Data control? Also, can the tool tip come from database?
pricher
Edan,
Yes, you can add a tooltip to pretty much any components. To set some static text, choose the component and go to Properties --> Advanced --> Help Text, and enter the text you want to display as a tooltip. To get the tooltip text from a database, you need to write some script. The simplest form would be to add text that comes from the same query you are displaying. For example, if you are displaying customer information in a table, you can have a tooltip on the customer name that would show its address. For this, you would need to override the onCreate event of the customer name control with the following line of code:
this.helpText = this.getRowData().getColumnValue("ADDRESSLINE1")
I have attached an example that shows how it works.
Hope this helps!
P.
edan
Thanks buddy for the help.