Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Implementing a Single-File Datasource in Weblogic 10?
mmah
My company has set up two more application servers, one for QA testing and one for End-User Testing. Each of these two servers have their own database schemas. This creates a problem for me as conventionally, I need to create and modify the two datasources for all the reports that I created.
I heard that it is possible to create a file or something that, modifying the DB path / schema / user name and password for all reports without much of a fuss. But I have no idea how to do it. From that description above, does this mean that instead of modifying a static URL, username and password for each report, I just need to change it to a JNDI Url?
Again, I don't have an idea of where of how do it, so I might need some guidelines on doing this, like format of the file, where to change, here and there and etc..
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
If you set up a connection pool on each instance you can just specify a JNDI name for each.
The other option is to create a connection profile to do it. When you create a new datasource selec the "Create from a connection profile store" radial. Then select new and use the wizard to build a new one. In the specify name you can specify the location of the file.
Jason