Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sorting by facts and not dimensions?
richpoulse
Hi,
Is it possible to order by you're Facts on a cross tab? Right now I am only able to order by the different dimensions. I've tried adding this "order by fact01" into my data set sql query and when I select preview its all in order.
Problem is when I launch the report in the viewer it looses its ordering. Is this a bug or am I doing something really wrong here?
Thanks,
R
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi R,
So, you want to sort by the measure within the crosstab rather than the row or column dimension?
richpoulse
Hi M,
Yes exactly. Want to sort manually based on the figures that are displayed when the crosstab appears.
Furthermore is it possible to sort your results in a standard pie chart? Seem by default the chart is sorted alphabetically, whereas I want it to be sorted from smallest % to biggest %.
Cheers,
R
mwilliams
R,
In the chart editor, if you go to the select data tab, there is a button next to the category definition box with a down arrow on it. If you click this, you can choose ascending or descending sorting and choose the field you're using as the slice size to sort on.
For the crosstab sorting, I'll have to check that one out.
mwilliams
R,
Not sure if this is different in earlier versions or not, but in BIRT 2.3.2, you can select your crosstab, go to the sorting section of the property editor, and add a sort choosing the group you want to sort, only using the measure value as the key for the sort. If I understand what you're wanting, this should do it.
Hope this helps.