Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pdf Report - huge size
coolguy
Is there a way to reduce the size of the pdf report that BIRt generates? I tried to generate a report with around 400 records that spans across 25 pages (with a logo in each page). The generated report size was around 300K where as a similar report generated in Jasper report and crystal consumed only 80K. Is this a bug or do I need to tune some settings?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi coolguy,
What version of BIRT are you using?
coolguy
I'm using 2.3. However I tried with 2.5RC4 and 2.3.2_2. The size seems to be more or less the same.
mwilliams
coolguy,
Hmmm... Did the similar reports using Jasper and Crystal have the same photo, photo size, pages, etc.?
coolguy
Yes. The no of pages, no of records in the report, logo, logo size are the same.
mwilliams
coolguy,<br />
<br />
Please log a bug for this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a>. If you could, include a copy of the BIRT report design, the Jasper report design, and PDF outputs of both. Thanks.