Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
RunningSum & PercentSum Aggregation
a3e
Hello All,<br />
<br />
I have an issue with presenting my report.<br />
What I want to achieve is to have a table that present the data as per the attachment (<strong class='bbc'>FINISHED REPORT</strong>)<br />
At the moment, I think, I'm half-way there but don't know how to take it to the next level. (<strong class='bbc'>CURRENT DEVELOPMENT</strong>)<br />
<br />
What I'm trying to achieve is to display a running sum for the first 4 categories, and the count of the last category and the percetage of the total.<br />
<br />
I've tried both the runningsum and the percentsum, but i've not been able to separate the result for the last category. Hope the attachment can paint the picture of my objective.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions?<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Albert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Albert,
Can you attach a small sample of data for me to work with? What version of BIRT are you using?
a3e
Hi Michael,
I'm using version 3.3.0
Would it be ok if I provie the sample data in .csv? (see attached)
Thanks,
Albert
mwilliams
Albert,
Check out the attached report design. Be sure to point the datasource to the directory that contains your .csv file you posted in here. You may need to change the version information in the XML source to match your version to open it as I made this example with BIRT 2.2.2.
a3e
Michael,
Do you have any other suggestion how I can convert the xml so it can be viewed in BIRT 3.3.0?
I've tried changing the version information as suggested, but haven't had luck.
Thanks,
Albert
mwilliams
Albert,
You made sure you changed the whole version information line to match that of an existing report that you've created? What error is it giving you? I'm assuming you have BIRT 2.2.0, so, doing this switch shouldn't be a problem I don't think.
a3e
Michael,
I didn't have any luck with converting the rptdesign file. The error message wasn't helpful at all but saying "there's error in the xml source page".
I did view it in xml and one of the expression you wrote gave me an idea how to use the same expression in my own rptdesign file, and it worked!!
Thank you very much.
Cheers,
Albert
mwilliams
Albert,
Excellent. Glad I could help.
sschmidt.evalue
<p>The "attached report design" that was [color=rgb(164,164,164);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:12px;]Posted [/color]23 June 2009 seems to have disappeared.</p>
mwilliams
<p>I'm trying to attach the files I think it was, but it's giving me errors. The web team has been contacted. Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.</p>