Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab and page break
libelule
Hi everybody,
I have a crosstab, with the year (with the detail by quarter) in the column area.
I would like to know if it's possible to split the crosstab for each year (with detail by quarter) ?
It's like a page break, but we have the splited crosstabs in the same page.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
libelule
up.................I'm using BIRT 2.3.2.1
mwilliams
Hi libelule,
You can set up horizontal page breaks in your crosstab by selecting the crosstab, going to the property editor, then to the column area tab, and then the page break section and setting it up there.
Hope this helps.
libelule
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply !
the page break works perfectly ( i have a crosstab per year), but my problem
is that i want to gather all the crosstabs from the different pages, in one page.
Is it possible to do that ?
al91206
I'm wondering (just a thought) if you could use multiple crosstabs using the same data set and provide a filter by year for each crosstab?
I have no idea if that would work, but that is what I would try.
libelule
hi al91206,
thanks for the idea, but the date in the crosstab is fullfilled thanks to a date parameter.
what i mean is that the date is not static.
mwilliams
libelule,
If you could filter based on your parameter values, al91206's idea may work. I haven't tried anything like this before, so I'd have to test it to see.
libelule
Hi al91206,
How do you provide a filter by year, i mean the crosstab receives a date between ? and ?
So in the filter what would the data[year] be "equal to" or "Match".....?
i have no idea how would the filter be..
Thanks in advance
mwilliams
libelule,
Is there a maximum range of years that can be selected? That's where this idea would run into problems most likely. You'd have to dynamically add crosstabs for how many years the user selects or know the max amount of years that can be selected.
libelule
HI Michael,
yes there is a maximum range of year to select, to be precise : there are 3 years.
But how to build crosstabs dynamically ?
Thanks in advance,
mwilliams
libelule,
Here's probably the best way to do it. A crosstab in a grouped table with filters based on the outer grouping. This example was made in 2.3.2.2, so you may have to change the version info in the XML Source to run it. Let me know if you have questions.
libelule
Thank you very much Michael,
Everything works perfectly, it's exactly what i wanted to do.
I didn't have to change the xml source, despite my 2.3.2.1 version.
Thank you so much Michael, you are the best !!
Regards
mwilliams
libelule,
No problem. Let us know whenever you have questions.