Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Reg. Two Sql connection for scripteddata source and sql connection termination
jumbogram
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.2.0 .
I have created a class that access mysql database and returns some data.
This class I am using for a scripted data source.
Now the problem that I am facing are :
1. For every creation of report , two database connection are made to
the database. I am not able to figure out why ?
2. After the report is rendered , those connection do not terminate and
continue indefinitely and are closed only after I close eclipse. Thus
connections keep on gathering and after sometime databases server
crashes.
I guess their is no error with the class file.
Evern so it is as follows
package BIRT;
import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.Statement;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;
public class Mysqlclass {
public List<String[]> data() {
Connection con = null;
ArrayList <String[]> result = new ArrayList <String[]>();
try {
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
String url = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/DB";
// Get a connection to the database for a
// user named auser with the password
// drowssap, which is password spelled
// backwards.
con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "root","password");
Statement st = con.createStatement();
ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("select UserLogin,StatType
from table");
while(rs.next())
{
String[] result1 = {"",""};
result1[0]= rs.getString("UserLogin");
result1[1]=rs.getString("StatType");
result.add(result1);
}
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
System.out.println("Exception: " + e.getMessage());
} finally {
try {
if (con != null)
con.close();
} catch (SQLException e) {
System.out.println("Error with closing the collection");
}
}
return result;
}
}
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Shivam Agarwal
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet