Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error in Crosstab Report
shirpak
Enviornment:
BIRT 2.3.2.1
Eclipse BIRT Web Viewer is used to run the report
Web Viewer is integrated in the application
When we run the Crosstab report with 1 set of parameters it runs
When we run the Crosstab report with 2nd set of parameters it runs
When we run the Crosstab report with 3rd set of parameters it runs
But when we combine all pararmeters it throws exception. The exception that it throws in Viewer UI is attached witht this post.
First we doubted data issue. But, if the report runs for same data when run seperately it has no problem.
Then we doubted there is problem with report design (Attaching the report design file also).
Also, thought that there is memory issue.
Another thought was that Eclipse BIRT viewer application cannot take high load of data (maybe more than 5000 records) for Crosstab report
But not coming to any conclusion.
Please help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi shirpak,
Is there any way you can recreate the issue with the sample database?
shirpak
Hi Michael,
Thank you very much for your quick reply. But, I cannot reproduce the issue in sample database. I have attached the file with the post itself. Really appreciate if you can take a look at it and Error log and throw some ight.
Let me know if you need any further details.
regards,
Shirish
mwilliams
Shirish,
Do you think you could comment out all the "this.queryText =" lines and instead assign all of your new query text that's being built to a string variable that you can output on the report so we can see what it looks like after it's built?
shirpak
Hi Michael,
I did not get what and why you need this. Can you please do it in the file and upload, then I will take lokk at it.
Or maybe please explain where are we going. Please bear as I am a newbie.
mwilliams
Shirish,
The way I understood what your problem started was when you added more than one parameter clause to your SQL. So, I just wanted to see the final SQL that was built by your code to see if there were any issues in there. If this isn't the case, then this is not needed. Let me know.
shirpak
Thank you for your response.
I thinkit is not realted to SQL formation as the report does accept multiple values for multiple parameters of same type (say aleId, PGId, Pid) and run.
Say for example I am running it for aleId param as 1 or 2 or 3 - it runs
Say for example I am running it for aleId param as 1 and 2 - it runs
Say for example I am running it for aleId param as 1 and 2 and 3 - it does not runs
Also, I am not able to do do some logging in script. Can you please help there also?
shirpak
Hi Michael,
I was able to log the SQL that was created in all 3 cases and found that it was formed correct.
So, there is no problem in that. Also, let me know how can I create table in Classicmodels so that I can recreate in Classic models?
The problem is that when report fetches more data then it throws error.
If I ran for 3 parameters set sperately it runs.
But, when all 3 parameter sets are combined then it fails.
mwilliams
Shirish,
You can use the classicmodels database by setting up a new datasource using the classic models option as dataSource type. Then, you would just use a SQL query dataSet to bring in the data.
shirpak
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your help...
Found a solution:
1. Data issue (changed SQL query to hand;e empty string,nulls)
2. Created a dataset for dynamic parameters passed to report
3. Linked new dataset returning report parameters to one main dataset.
4. Changed date type returned from SQL to String
Still could not figure out why the report was failing when it was pulling data when 3 set of parameters were combined. If report was run seperately for each set of parameter...it was fine. Thanks for your support.
regards,
Shirish
mwilliams
Shirish,
Glad it is solved! Let us know whenever you have questions.