Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem in deploying Birt report engine in war file
Raj_t
Hi,
I integrated BIRT report engine with GWT. When I run in eclipse it is working fine. I want to generate a war file and deploy it into Tomcat. I am struck in setting engine home in my code. I get URL from GWT.getModuleBaseURL() method. This method returns string.
Is there any other way that I can solve this.
here is my code..
config.setEngineHome("");
ServletContext sc = GWT.getModuleBaseURL();//error
IPlatformContext context = new PlatformServletContext(GWT.getModuleBaseURL());//error because it is not accepting string
config.setPlatformContext( context );
Thanks in advance for your help.
Thanks,
Raj.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bognekadje
[quote name='Raj_t' date='29 June 2009 - 07:15 AM' timestamp='1246288550' post='50029'<br />
<br />
I integrated BIRT report engine with GWT. When I run in eclipse it is working fine.<br />
[/quote]<br />
<br />
<br />
Hi Ray_t, i am also working in a project and i am findind how to integrate BIRT REAPI with GWT.<br />
I want especially to know how the server-side (which i think perform reports because there are on the server) transfer report to the client side.<br />
<br />
Thank you for reply, I am desperate.
johnw
This needs to be an actual physical location, not a web relative URL. This is for the Platform component to start up correctly since you are essentially embedding an instance of OSGi into a J2EE application. The easiest way for maintainability is going to be for you to set this in the web.xml, and read it as a value in your servlets initialize method to set the Platform.BIRT_HOME property.