Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
What is the difference in using IRunTask + IRenderTask and using IRunAndRender task ?
bholenath
Hello All,<br />
I'm using BIRT 2.2 and we are extending BIRT APIs to write a custom report engine component.<br />
I found some strange things while using the IRunTask + IRenderTask combination-- perhaps I am not aware of its functioning and purpose - and hence this question.<br />
<br />
When I use the IRunAndRenderTask, the generated report consists of 60 pages and there is no problem in it. <br />
But when I use the combination of IRunTask and IRenderTask <em class='bbc'>for the same report design file</em>, the number of pages in the generated report differs -- its 120+. <br />
Every alternate page on this report displays a few records and the rest of the portion is blank.<br />
<br />
I would like to know few things about this strange behaviour:<br />
1. Why is there a difference in the number of pages generated by each approach ?<br />
2. Why is the combination of IRunTask and IRunTask generating an extra page with only few records -- and the remaining page section is blank ?<br />
<br />
Kindly reply with your inputs over this strange behaviour. Any clarification over the same will be very helpful for me.<br />
Many thanks in advance,<br />
<br />
Cheers,<br />
Amit
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet