Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Ms Word driver
RegisR
Hello all,
I want to design a report with multiple datasources, and one of them is a word document...
In fact, what I want, is to take a complete word document and inserting it into the report. But I don't know how to do this or if it's even possible.
Does a Microsoft Word driver exists, or is there any workaround to do this ?
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi RegisR,
If you can read the file using java/javascript, you could use a scripted dataSource to pull the text in.
RegisR
Hi mwilliams,
Thank you for the response.
But if I have understood what you say, it will not work in my case.
Word is a binary format, so it will be very difficult (for me) to read it in javascript.
I tried to save to .txt but it (of course) loose information.
.docx format is to complicated to easily parse it. (And I have no time planned on this subject).
So, thank again for this reply and if (but it will probably not be the case) I have some days planned on this, I'll create a word 2003 driver.
And if you have other ideas, you're welcome !
mwilliams
RegisR,
You're right. I wasn't thinking about the .doc format. Writing a custom driver will probably be the way to go.