Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error message after upgrading the designer version
4robert
I have upgraded my BIRT designer to birt-rcp-report-designer-2.3.2 from birt-rcp-report-designer-2.2.2.
The new designer giving me some advantage over automatic page break.
But I am facing a problem when I am viewing report in PDF. It is giving me an error message.
The error message is as folloows:-
"Errors in Report
The report contains errors, would you like to continue for previewing?"
Can anyone tell me why this error coming?
Is it due to version upgrading?
However I am getting the correct PDF after viewing the report in new version.
How to solve the error?
IT is urgent. Please Help me.
Thanks in Advance!
Robert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Robert,
Did you look at the problems tab under the property editor?
4robert
Hi Michael,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I am really confused about this error. I have looked at the reports but did not find the "problems tab"! I think I am doing some silly mistake. So, Please tell me where is "problems tab"? Is it a property of table or grid or anything else.
One more strange thing is that I have deleted the table from my report, then deleted the grid from report and then deleted the data set and data source also. Now my report is nothing but empty. But it is still throwing the same error while I am clicking view report as pdf option in my BIRT designer.
So, can you say what is the problem?
Thanks in Advance!
Robert
mwilliams
Robert,
Did you run the report more than once after deleting everything? The first time you run it after deleting whatever was wrong, it will still say that message. The next time, it wouldn't. I guess I'm not sure if the RCP designer has the problems tab, but it should be down by the property editor tab if you have it. One thing you could do if you don't see it is go to Window -> Show View -> Problems (if there).
4robert
Hi Michael,
Thanx for your reply.
Still I have not found "problem tab". May be it is not there.
Yes, you are right from the second time I am not getting error. But It is only for few reports ( specially the blank report).
Fro other reports where I have used various items like table , dataset, datasource it is coming again.
So, What is the reason behind this Can you say?
Thanks in Advance!
Robert
mwilliams
Robert,
Can you attempt to make a report design in 2.2.2 from the sample database that has issues in the upgraded designer so that I can take a look at it? Maybe I'll be able to find the issue.