I have created simple report with an XML data source generataed by JSP.<br />
<br />
Data source URL is in this format:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://****.****.****.xx:pppp/test.jsp?exportPage=true&date=&id=&name='>http://****.****.****.xx:pppp/test.jsp?exportPage=true&date=&id=&name=</a> .....<br />
<br />
When I connect to the web site with this URL, it returns the XML correctly.<br />
If i view a page source, it is XML.<br />
<br />
But I have a problem with this XML source.<br />
<br />
When I paste this URL as a XML Data Source connection and click the 'Test Connection', it doesn't work. <br />
<br />
I got this kind of errors...<br />
<br />
<br />
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;<br />
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 505 for URL: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://****.****.****.xx:pppp/test.jsp?exportPage=true&date=&id=&name='>http://****.****.****.xx:pppp/test.jsp?exportPage=true&date=&id=&name=</a> .....<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml.util.XMLSourceFromPath.openInputStream(XMLSourceFromPath.java:74)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml.impl.Connection.open(Connection.java:85)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:235)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.OdaConnectionWrapper.open(OdaConnectionWrapper.java:209)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.OdaConnectionWrapper.<init>(OdaConnectionWrapper.java:59)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.OdaConnectionFactory.createConnection(OdaConnectionFactory.java:26)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:355)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.ui.DataSourceEditorPageCore$1.run(DataSourceEditorPageCore.java:608)<br />
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.wizards.ProfileDetailsPropertyPage.testConnection(ProfileDetailsPropertyPage.java:98)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.wizards.ProfileDetailsPropertyPage$1.widgetSelected(ProfileDetailsPropertyPage.java:80)<br />
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)<br />
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)<br />
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)<br />
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)<br />
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.dialogs.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:112)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.data.providers.DataSourceNodeProvider.performEdit(DataSourceNodeProvider.java:88)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.DefaultNodeProvider.performRequest(DefaultNodeProvider.java:410)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.EditAction.doAction(EditAction.java:85)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.AbstractElementAction.run(AbstractElementAction.java:66)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.RenameListener.doubleClick(RenameListener.java:214)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:799)<br />
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)<br />
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:880)<br />
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(StructuredViewer.java:797)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSelect(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1419)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1173)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:237)<br />
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.java:234)<br />
at <br />
<br />
But the stragely,<br />
I said, it works fine if I connect to the web site with web browser.<br />
And... <br />
<br />
If I use XML file as a XML data source which is saved from the web browser ( right click - view source - save file as XML ). It WORKS!!<br />
<br />
<br />
I don't unerstand why it works or doesn't work.<br />
I'm using UTF-8 character set. and JSP source is like this<br />
<br />
<br />
<%@ page language="java"<br />
contentType="text/xml; charset=utf-8"%><br />
<%<br />
<br />
String view = ""<br />
view += "xxxx"; // append strings to the 'view' variable.<br />
<br />
....<br />
<br />
out.clearBuffer();<br />
out.println(view);<br />
%><br />
<br />
<br />
when I deployed the it, I got this error. does anyone have same problem?<br />
<br />
<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:<br />
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oda.xml.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1121)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1085)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:88)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.wrap.WrappedReportItemExecutor.execute(WrappedReportItemExecutor.java:45)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.emitter.ReportItemEmitterExecutor.execute(ReportItemEmitterExecutor.java:45)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.dup.SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.execute(SuppressDuplicateItemExecutor.java:42)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:63)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:101)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.ReportDocumentBuilder.build(ReportDocumentBuilder.java:211)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:237)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:90)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:1246)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:155)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunReportActionHandler.java:81)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtGetPageActionHandler.__checkDocumentExists(BirtGetPageActionHandler.java:58)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.prepareParameters(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:119)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:104)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPage(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:87)<br />
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor199.invoke(Unknown Source)<br />
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br />
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)<br />
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor196.invoke(Unknown Source)<br />
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br />
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)<br />
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)<br />
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)<br />
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)<br />
at