Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Category Selection
hho
Hi all,
The Category Selection does not work. It only works for All option. If anyone has the fix, please share.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
Are you using IE or Firefox? There is a bug in IE that has nothing to do with the Mashboard that causes problems selecting things from a dynamic drop-down. One solution is to give the drop-down focus, and then use your keyboard to navigate up and down (Enter to select). This avoids the issue you are seeing selecting a category with the Mouse.
We are working on resolving this issue in IE, but since the cause is outside the mashbaord code it is tough to deal with without breaking the functionality in other browsers.
hho
Hi Brian,
I don't think it is browser isssue. I'm aware of the IE issue so under canvas dropdown box, I cannot use mouse to select canvas and same for Categories dropdown box.
My case is different. I grouped my portlet to 2 different categories let say: catetory1 and category2. In the Categories dropdown boxes, there are 3 options: All, Category1, and Category3 by default All is selected. If I change to Category1 or Category2, no portlet is shown in dock canvas. But it works fine if I change back to All
bhanley
Sorry I mis-understood the issue. Can you post your mashboard.projectconfig (or just paste your category definitions to the thread) so i can have a look?
hho
Hi Brian
Here is my config
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<projectConfig version="2.0">
<site name="Mashboard Reference Implementation" />
<layout yui="yui-t2" />
<header url="header.html" />
<footer url="footer.html" />
<portletCategories>
<portletCategory id="Solid_Waste_Portlets" title="Solid Waste Portlets">
<portletref ref="SWPorlet1" />
<portletref ref="SWPorlet2" />
<portletref ref="SWPorlet3" />
<portletref ref="SWPorlet4" />
</portletCategory>
<portletCategory id="Monitoring_Portlets" title="Monitoring Portlets">
<portletref ref="MPorlet1" />
<portletref ref="MPorlet2" />
<portletref ref="MPorlet3" />
<portletref ref="MPorlet4" />
</portletCategory>
</portletCategories>
</projectConfig>
I found out the QuickStart has the same problem.
Hoa
omittag
In you mashboard.projectconfig file there is a slight spelling mistake.
For every instance of "portletref" change it to "portletRef" (notice the capital "R")
hho
Thanks Omittag for the good catch. Category selection is working fine for me.
The sample QuickStart project and instructions should be updated. Both are used portletref.
bhanley
I will make a note in the docs and update the next release of the sample app. Sorry for the confusion.