Hi all,<br />
<br />
Currently I am having a dilemma of generalizing a DB connection so that it can be used easily particularly in production phase across more than one network.<br />
<br />
I've read a thread (see link below) which did partially help to answer some of my questions.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/deploying-integrating-birt-report-engine-applications/9278-connection-profile-database.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/deploying-integrating-birt-report-engine-applications/9278-connection-profile-database.html</a><br />
<br />
After reading that, I decided to go for the connection profile store method, which is much easier for me to handle. However, I have a few concerns in which I hope it can be addressed:<br />
<br />
1. I have more than 100 reports with each report's datasource is connected to this external file. If I change a value, e.g the odaURL property, will the changes get reflected in the report file (.rptdesign) if the machine I'm using does not have the BIRT RCP designer?<br />
<br />
2. Rather than pointing to the local folder of a machine to specify the external connection profile file, is there a better way to tell the report to look at this folder irregardless of which machine the files are stored? Can anyone provide a step-by-step on this issue?<br />
<br />
Thanks and regards,<br />
<br />
Melvin