Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Query Builder HANGS
TheRealDea
My builder will just sit there forever. When I run the query outside of BIRT, it runs in under a minute. I limited the Fetch to 500, and still it just stales.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Any ideas/gotchas, to watch out for.
Thank you very much.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
TheRealDea
Has anybody encountered this issue other than me?
mwilliams
Hi TheRealDea,
I have not heard of this issue before. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to reproduce this issue with the sample database and I won't be able to access your data, so there will be no way for you to show me what's happening. If you try a very simple query, does it do the same thing?
TheRealDea
I believe that you are correct in that it depends on the table(s) sizes and then the inter-connections.
TheRealDea
I believe that you are correct in that it depends on the table(s) sizes and then the inter-connections.
I have around 10 sub-queries within the one overall dataset. These all together make up the one dataset that is displayed in the table in the report.
In SQL Developer, the dataset(SQL) returns values in about 20 seconds.
I have thought about commenting out all but one alias table, running it, then the next one until I reach the point that I get stalled. Sidenote, I used "WHERE 1=2" and the SQL checked out just fine in 5-10 seconds.
mwilliams
TheRealDea,
How long have you let it sit for? You might let it just sit and see how long it takes to finish, if it ever does.
TheRealDea
Outside of BIRT, in SQL Developer, the results come back in about 2 minutes.
In BIRT, I let it run for about 4 hours today.
TheRealDea
Any thoughts?
Virgil Dodson
What database are you connecting to?... and then, have you tried with a different JDBC driver? Maybe the driver is the issue?
TheRealDea
Oracle 10g
oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver ( v10.2)
TheRealDea
Does the Oracle driver make any difference?