Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Maximum number of fields for data set?
mkulumadzi
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.5 on the Eclipse 3.5 platform in Ubuntu 9.04. I recently upgraded from BIRT 2.2.2, which I was running in Windows XP.
I have a joint dataset that combines two other datasets made from jdbc mysql queries. There are 81 fields combined between the two source datasets, and I have added an additional 13 calculated columns. When I originally designed this report in BIRT 2.2.2, I had no trouble working with this dataset. However, in BIRT 2.5, I can only see the source data fields plus the first four calculated columns when I look at this dataset in the Data Explorer view. This means I can't add the last 9 calculated columns to any data cubes or tables. I CAN see them when I edit the dataset to create new calculated columns or filters.
Does BIRT 2.5 have a maximum number of fields that can be displayed in a dataset? If not, any ideas about why I may be seeing this problem?
I would limit the fields that get imported in the joint dataset so that I wasn't bringing in all 81, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this, either.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mkulumadzi
I just checked this report in BIRT 2.2.2 in Ubuntu and I can see all of the fields again. Not sure if this is an issue with migrating to 2.5, or if it is an actual bug in 2.5.
mwilliams
Hi mkulumadzi,
I haven't heard of this issue with 2.5 as of yet. That doesn't mean that it isn't a bug though. I'm not sure if I could recreate this issue with the sample database. The only way for me to check if there is some sort of limit on columns in 2.5 would be to create a flat file with this many columns. If I find time to do so, I may give it a try. If you have sample data you could create in a flat file with this many columns, that'd work too. Let me know.