Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
2.3.1 Restoring Dynamic Options - help needed
Piers
From the support doc
"It is very important to remember that if a userscript dynamically changes the options available in a selection, the user will have the ability to make a selection that was not declared in the DCT. This can have serious consequences when the form is reopened. "
"The best solution is to ensure that the userscript restores the options of a selection if the value doesn't have the right label. This requires querying the option, and checking the label of the selected option. If it isn't correct, a new options array is created that adjusts the problem. Because the userscript usually has the ability to regenerate the option, this approach is the most flexible. "
I can restore the correct values to the form but I'm losing previously selected values.
Is there an easy way to maintain these?
Many thanks
Piers
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Piers
Two days later and I got this working very nicely indeed!
Pre populated dynamic values and highlighted values of previously saved data. (the confusion comes when you have one dynamic list where it's selection causes another dynamic list to appear) BUT I got there
Incidentally, for those interested, the values come from a database via an XML asp page in the background.
If anyone is interested I will post my solution, or work with them via email if needed.
Piers
Edited by Piers on 06/13/03 06:05 PM (server time).