Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
using CSV emitter in BIRT report designer
asenserini
I am trying to use the CSV emitter example from the book 'Integrating and Extending BIRT'. I built the jar and dropped in the plugins folder of the report designer. When I click on Run > View Report > As CSV a new window opens that says 'Navigation Canceled' and a popup appears saying if I want to find a program to read the file or to save it. I was wondering why the csv output format is not shown in the window. Has anyone encountered this issue? I looked in the logs but could not find anything related to this. By the way, there is a workaround: just save the file with extension .csv and open it.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ianac
The BIRT Report Designer discovers the custom emitter plug-in and adds the new rendering format (CSV) to the designer menu.
When you view the report, it is your browser that renders the report, so viewing the download message is the standard behavior. This behavior depends on what browser you are using and how it is configured to work with text/csv MIME type files. You can change the mime type in the plug-in's extension properties to "text/plain". Then the browser will display your csv file inline instead of trying to download it.
Hope this helps.
Iana